A Perry & Co. (Hinges) Limited is a family owned and run company established in 1925 by Arthur Perry, in the heart of the Black Country. The business started as a manufacturer of hinges and gutter brackets in Lawrence Lane, Old Hill.
It is still run by fourth generation family members. Employing over 80 staff, A. Perry manufactures products including all special threaded bar. It is the largest supplier and manufacturer of hinges, ironmongery, threaded bar, fasteners and fixings, and chain in the UK, supplying customers around the world.
The company has enjoyed continuing growth in recent years, significantly increasing its number of customers due to the depth of its product range and justifiable reputation for quality and service. Over the last 5 years, the continued growth of the company had put increasing pressure and demands onto the site they had owned and operated for over sixty years in Cradley Heath.
To continue their growth major investment was required, either on the current site, a 45,000 sq. ft. site on Doulton Road they had operated from since 1953, or into a completely new site. A new site was found, literally next door to them, when a company chose to relocate.
“While others in the market place are showing concern at this time of economic uncertainty, here at A. Perry our confidence is high as we continue to grow and invest for the future” Guy Perry, Managing Director at Perry commented.
The directors at A. Perry maintained their confidence and took the decision to make major investments in the future by purchasing and developing the new site.
And invest and develop they certainly did; to the tune of over £3.5million. The new facility includes two storey office space for a call centre and administration, 2 large manufacturing units, a 90,000 square feet state of the art purpose equipped warehouse and distribution centre, a loading yard and car parking.